The Power of Padlet
Padlet is an amazing FREE tool to inspire teachers create a collaborative learning environment on any device. It works much like a digital bulletin board, but it is so much more powerful and FUN.
Starting is easy
1. Go to Padlet.com
2. Sign-up for an account
3. Create a ‘Wall’ using the tools on the left hand side of the screen.
You can personalize the wall in almost anyway you can imagine. You can also get a personalized webpage address to share with students.
What can you do with the Wall?
1. Pose a question for students to answer
2. Post a writing prompt and let students share their answers – to help each inspire each other.
3. Ask prediction questions
4. Give students a place to share videos, pictures or screencasts.
5. Create a collaborative brainstorming environment
6. Make a “Parking Lot” for student questions
7. Interactive Maps or Graphics
The possibilities are limitless!
In the end, Padlet easily allows teachers or students to create amazing digital artifacts of learning. It can make student thinking visible, give every student a voice and allows students to show their work.
EdTechTeam is a California Benefit Corporation and global network of educational technologists dedicated to improving the world’s education systems using the best technology and learning principles available. EdTechTeam produces Future Ready Schools summits and custom professional development for teachers and school leaders around the globe.