17 Comments

1. Angela White
    October 25, 2017 @ 3:23 am

Just added CheckMark which will be very useful. What would be great is for teachers to have the ability to add own customised comments relating to the type, style or context of writing.

• Chris Craft
      November 16, 2017 @ 9:51 am

Hi Angela! I can’t confirm or deny this, but there may or may not be something pretty amazing coming out in the new year. Stay tuned! 🙂

2. Elizabeth Rapp
    October 25, 2017 @ 11:32 am

CHIRS!!!! YES!

I swear you have described a conversation I with an EdTech person (possibly you) had at the Homer Glen, IL summit a couple of years ago. THANK YOU. I will use this new extention CheckMark with gratitude!

This seems great; can’t wait to try it out!

3. Yelena Janumyan
    October 27, 2017 @ 9:01 am

Hi Chris, thank you so much for this time saving tool. Is it possible to add my own comments to the comment bank?

• Chris Craft
      November 16, 2017 @ 9:51 am

Hi Yelena,

Stay tuned, because there may or may not be something you’ll like coming out in the new year. 🙂

4. Molly Wetmore
    November 6, 2017 @ 6:09 am

I upload my docs from google classroom with doctopus so that I can easily flow through my students’ documents and attach the Goobric on top. I love the idea of this document, but it appears to not work if I’m using Doctopus. Help!

I’m really excited to try this!

• Chris Craft
      November 16, 2017 @ 9:52 am

Hi Molly.

Unfortunately CheckMark doesn’t work with Goobric. It has to do with the way Goobric displays Google Docs that is incompatible with CheckMark. 🙁

5. Tammy Reynolds
    May 17, 2018 @ 11:46 am

Any idea why CheckMark displays the keyboard and a comment box; but the comment box remains blank when I editing my student’s google slides?

• Chris Craft
      May 18, 2018 @ 8:34 am

Hi Tammy,

Can you see if toggling off Docs screen reader support (command option Z on Mac) helps?

Chris

• Amy Nichols
        May 31, 2018 @ 5:00 pm

I cannot get it to toggle off of slides either. Makes me want to delete a supper handy tool.

• Chris Craft
          June 12, 2018 @ 6:02 am

Hi Amy,

I am sending you an email right now, let’s see if we can figure this out.

Thanks,

Chris

• Tristan Kemp
        June 12, 2018 @ 1:48 am

Hi,

I am having a similar issue, the comments don’t appear when using slides. Works great in Docs though. I tried toggling screen reader support on and off but it made no difference.

Thanks

Tristan

• Chris Craft
          June 12, 2018 @ 6:02 am

Hi Tristan,

I’ll email you and see if we can figure out why that’s happening.

Thanks,

Chris

6. Trish Brajkovich
    July 13, 2018 @ 3:37 pm

I’m a New Zealand teacher who has been teaching in a Collaborative 1-1 Chromebook environment for the last five years. Other teachers describe me as anal because I’m real picky about punctuation and grammar. Prior to switching to Chromebooks we used a feedback/commenting system based on 3 colours of highlighting and handwritten comments. We have been struggling since then to find anything better with which to replace it. I really like CheckMark because you can customise it by creating your own comments. It doesn’t take long to get used to it but the programme is a little erratic. Sometimes the little blue boxes appear when you click and sometimes you have to re-click and wait. CheckMark is not that effective either when you have a lot of comments to make because you can’t see which comment relates to which error. Maybe each comment needs a number and the number gets inserted where you highlight the error in the text???

7. Annie Krespil
    November 3, 2018 @ 3:38 pm

I apologize if you answered this above. Does checkmark work with Google Classroom? I’m having difficulty making them cooperate.

• Chris Craft
      November 4, 2018 @ 3:56 am

CheckMark works in Google Docs and Slides. So as long as you’re opening Docs or Slides, it doesn’t matter whether that’s from the Drive interface or from Classroom. So, yes, it works with Classroom. Reach out to me if you need any help! 🙂