- In-class activities & strategies
- Synchronous and face-to-face relationship-building activities
- Virtual activities & strategies
- Asynchronous relationship-building activities & strategies
- Beginning and end of day activities
- Ice breakers, community building, SEL check-ins
- Organizing student instructional materials for concurrent learning
- Handing out, turning in, and assessing student work
- Productivity tips and strategies for keeping it all together
- Overview of concurrent instruction and set up options
- Equipment, classroom, students, and teaching set up options
- Instructional ideas, strategies, and lesson design for concurrent learning
- Building in student choice during concurrent learning
- Balancing synchronous and asynchronous learning activities
Google’s Certified Educator Level 2 focuses on meaningful and creative ways to integrate the 4Cs in the classroom. Level 2 teaches the advanced features of Google Workspace for Education including HyperDocs using Google Docs, Maps, and MyMaps for geo-instruction and virtual field trips; digital portfolios with Google Sites; and using screencasting techniques for developing learning libraries in YouTube and more. Level 2 is the perfect place for teachers who are ready to try something new and engaging in their classrooms all while preparing them for Google’s Certified Educator Level 2 exam.
Explore the core areas of Google Workspace for Education to increase professional learning and leadership; efficiency in the classroom; and student learning and creativity. We’ll explore several tools in Google’s Level 1 curriculum, all of which are taught within the context of meaningful use with students and teachers. Segments include the Chrome browser, search techniques, and Google Classroom… as well as Google Drive, Docs, Slides, Spreadsheets, Forms, Calendar, Sites, and Groups. Gmail, Hangouts, and YouTube are also included. In addition to the tools, participants are exposed to critical student skill sets necessary for learning in an online environment.