Moonshots in Education
EdTechTeam has joined forces with Esther Wojcicki and Moonshots in Education to help schools around the world transform teaching and learning for their students.
Esther Wojcicki, a pioneer in the field of instructional technology and the author of Moonshots in Education, first went 1:1 with Macintosh computers in 1985 through a grant from the State of California. Her journalism program at Palo Alto High School is regarded as the best in the country and has more than 600 students. Many former journalism students from her program have gone on to have a huge impact on the world including Gady Epstein of the Economist, Noah Sneider of the New York Times, the actor James Franco, and Tod Scacerdoti of Yahoo, just to name a few.
Esther believes strongly in the relationship between the school and home. As a mother, her and her husband Stan (a Stanford physics professor) fostered creativity and critical thinking in their daughters, encouraging them to take their own moonshots. Her three daughters have gone on to have an incredible impact on our world. Her daughter Susan is the CEO of YouTube, Anne is the CEO of 23andMe, and Janet is an anthropologist and epidemiologist with an interest in early life risk factors.
EdTechTeam is a global network of educational technologists dedicated to inspiring and empowering other educators, and to helping schools be Future Ready. The team operates in 26 states and 23 countries, producing professional development experiences in 9 languages for over 50 thousand educators face-to-face per year. EdTechTeam is an official Google for Education Professional Development Partner, best known for their series of Summits featuring Google for Education, with over 100 events scheduled around the globe in 2015 alone.
EdTechTeam, also a Future Ready Schools Coalition Partner, helps schools develop capacity in six areas key to successful school change: courageous leadership, empowered teachers, student agency, inspiring spaces, robust infrastructure, and engaged community. In the past three years, EdTechTeam, a California Benefit Corporation has launched twenty four 1:1 pilot classrooms in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Having doubled our impact every year since 2006, EdTechTeam is a fast-growing mission-driven company actively engaged in improving education and making the world a better place for generations to come. Learn more about EdTechTeam’s impact in 2015.
Complete the form below if you’d like to request any of the below services or have a member of the Moonshots in Education team contact you.
- Summit featuring Moonshots in Education: A two-day high-energy conference-style summit with engaging keynote speakers and a diverse offering of sessions. EdTechTeam will work with the host school to select sessions and speakers that align with their learning objectives and instructional technology priorities. Global Summits are free to host, and schools get free tickets for their teachers based on the number of tickets sold. Summits featuring Moonshots in Education can also feature Google for Education and elements of Future Ready Schools such as Courageous Leadership, Empowered Teachers, Student Agency, Inspiring Spaces and Engaged Community.
- Workshop featuring Google for Education: An intimate 1-2 day workshop where teachers get hands-on training with all instructional tools in the Google Apps for Education suite including Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Draw, YouTube, Gmail, and Calendar. Each workshop is lead by a Google Certified Innovator & Trainer. Perfect for schools going 1:1 Chromebooks.
- 1:1 iPad Workshop: One of the most effective ways you can use the iPad is using it to make thinking visible for our students. In this workshop, participants will learn how to delve into student understanding by using a core suite of apps that allow teachers the insight they need to get to the bottom of learning gaps and quickly assess when students have mastered content. We will learn strategies geared toward teaching and learning that will help students more effectively create their own learning artifacts.This fun and engaging workshop will have you rethinking what you thought about the iPad in the classroom and inspire you to create lessons that effectively impact student learning.
- Keynote Speakers: Inspire educators with one of our world-class keynote speakers. All our speakers are global experts in education technology and have direct experience as classroom educators. Your teachers will have fun and be motivated to take their classrooms to the next level. See a representative list of speakers here.
- Redesigning Learning Spaces: Work directly with a member of our learning space design team to transform outdated spaces into modern spaces that facilitate critical thinking, creativity, rich discussion, and collaboration. Learn more about the Media Arts Center in Palo Alto here.
- Pedagogy & Technology Alignment Audit – Assess your school’s current practices and develop a detailed progress plan that will put your school or district on the path to Future Ready. This week long experience looks at every aspect of your school(s), evaluates infrastructure, instructional practices, device and software choices, teacher training and works with leaders to develop a 24-month technology integration road map.